Postdoctoral Research Associate, Public Health SciencesPosting Date: 12/20/2022
Closing Date: 06/20/2023
The Department of Public Health Sciences (PHS) and the Cancer Prevention and Control Program at the University of Virginia seek applicants for a postdoctoral research associate. The successful candidate will work closely with Dr. Becca Krukowski and Dr. Jamie Zoellner, as well as other investigators and project staff in the PHS department and the Community-Based Health Equity research program. Research experiences will span a number of community-based research projects that target obesity- and cancer-related initiatives. The candidate will receive mentoring in grant writing and will have the opportunity to engage in multiple projects, including several National Institutes of Health and foundation grants. As appropriate, the candidate can expect to obtain advanced training in digital behavioral interventions, remote data collection and monitoring, cancer-related disparities, community-based participatory research, rural health, implementation science, and interdisciplinary team science. Funds will be available for conference travel and other training experiences.
To learn more about the research program, please visit: https://med.virginia.edu/phs/research-programs-affiliated-centers/community-based-health-equity-research-program/
• Doctorate in behavioral sciences, nutrition, health sciences, exercise science, public health, psychology, sociology or a related field is required by the start date of the appointment
• Expertise and training in obesity and/or cancer, community-based research required
• Must have a strong interest and experience in community-based research and working with at-risk and diverse communities
• Interest in translational science and working with a multidisciplinary team of scientists required
• Data management and statistical analytic skills required
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including record of peer-review publications and scholarly presentations required
• Strong track record in cooperative work required
• Creative, independent, and highly motivated, with the ability to interact professionally in both research and community environments required
• Strong work habits and the ability to work independently and with diverse groups required
• Experience working on federally-funded research trials preferred
This position may be based in Charlottesville, VA or UVA’s satellite office in Christiansburg, VA and will require periodic in-state and occasional overnight travel. This position is restricted and continuation is contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Please visit the UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs, search for posting “R0043044” and complete the application online with the following attached:
• Cover letter describing your research interests
• Contact information for three references
For questions about the application process, please contact Rhiannon O’Coin, Senior Recruiter, at [email protected].