Exciting Schedule Updates & New Session Types Coming to ASPO 2024!
The 2024 Program Committee has been hard at work to make the meeting even more valuable for attendees, and is proud to announce the following updates:
- Addition of a Keynote Session – On Monday afternoon, we’ll hear from Robert A. Winn, MD, Director of the VCU Massey Cancer Center.
- More Session Options & Shorter Sessions – we’ll have more concurrent sessions, giving attendees more choices to tailor the meeting to their educational needs:
- In addition to the four traditional symposiums, we’ll have four new 45-minute Looking Back, Thinking Forward Sessions, where we will first “look back” at the history of a topic area with a senior investigator in the field and then “think forward” with five-minute flash talks from junior investigators and/or trainees. Flash talks will be selected from submitted abstracts. The Looking Back, Thinking Forward Session Topics are Cancer Screening; Tobacco Cessation and Policy; Energy Balance and Cancer; and Precision Prevention.
- Symposium topics for 2024 are Social Determinants of Health & Cancer; Innovation in Chemoprevention; Cancer Prevention Policy; and Cancer Survivorship. Symposiums will be 45 minutes in length with two speakers, plus time for discussion and questions.
- An Additional Poster Session – A poster session has been added to accommodate more abstract submissions. We’ll now have one poster session on Sunday evening; and another on Monday evening.
- More Oral Presentations for Abstract Submitters – 32 abstracts will be selected for 12-minute oral presentations across eight Best of ASPO Sessions.