NCI T32 grant POST Doctoral FellowshipPosting Date: 12/15/2022
Closing Date: 12/30/2023
Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
The National Cancer Institute-funded Cancer Control Fellowship at the UTHealth School of Public Health is a quality program with an established, 29 year track record for postdoctoral fellows with an academic interest in cancer prevention and control. Join a thriving interdisciplinary research environment with research and engagement opportunities in diverse populations and areas of Texas and a focus on underserved groups and the reduction of cancer-related health disparities.
• Individuals with a PhD, DrPH, MD, or other doctoral degree in public health, health promotion, behavioral or social science, epidemiology, health services research, health policy, health economics, biostatistics, or data science.
• Open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents only.
• Fellows will receive support for up to 2 years
• Annual stipend starting at $ 54,840, depending on experience
• Health insurance, tuition, fees, books, software, and travel.
• Weekly contact with faculty, postdocs, and other doctoral fellows through a seminar focused on proposals, publications, and career development
World Class Mentors
Over 25 accomplished mentors from all public health disciplines with robust research portfolios.
“The mentors are wonderful! They do a great job involving you in projects and connecting you with the resources you need to succeed.” – Postdoctoral Fellow Ashley Hedrick, PhD
Diverse Research Environment
Join us at any one of our six campuses in Austin, Brownsville, El Paso, Dallas, San Antonio or Houston. Experience the diversity of Texas with the unique opportunities available in each region.
• Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research
• UTHealth Institute for Implementation Science
• Center for Healthcare Data
• Center for Big Data in Health Sciences
• Center for Pediatric Population Health
• And many others
• María E. Fernández, PhD
• Bijal Balasubramanian MBBS, PhD
• Patricia Dolan Mullen, DrPH, MLS
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, subject to award availability.