POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP AT NIH
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP AT NIHPosting Date: 01/04/2023
Closing Date: 12/31/2024
The National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) Division of Intramural Research (DIR) is committed to supporting the next generation of researchers and diversifying the biomedical research workforce. We are seeking one full-time postdoctoral fellow to join the Health Equity and Decision Sciences (HEADS) research laboratory at DIR. The HEADS research lab strives to improve minority health by using novel quantitative and qualitative methods to support decisions that will lead to equitable health outcomes at individual, interpersonal, community, and societal levels.
• Opportunities to work closely with world class researchers at NIMHD and NIH.
• Hands-on training, classes, and seminars on epidemiologic methods, statistical analyses, and health disparities research.
• Professional and career development activities: Attendance at national/international conferences; Access to NIH career services.
• Eligibility for NIH Academy program focused on health disparities.
• Dedicated time to work on postdoc career development award applications.
• Assist and develop research questions related to decision sciences and cancer health disparities.
• Obtain multidisciplinary training and mentorship at NIH.
• Develop a K-series or similar grant proposal.
• Attend 2+ conferences a year to present research and network.
Candidates must have completed a PhD. in decision sciences, health services research, health economics/pharmacoeconomics, biostatistics, systems engineering, applied mathematics, epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, or a closely related field.
*Applicants may be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or foreign national.
Full-time, 2- to 3-year appointment with year-to-year renewal up to five years based on satisfactory performance. Travel funds will be provided.
To apply please submit:
• Curriculum vitae.
• Two-page synopsis of research interest, including a brief description of career plans related to decision sciences and health disparities.
• Three representative publications or working papers.
• Three letters of recommendation.
Email applications to [email protected] with subject line: Last name, First name, Postdoc application
DHHS, NIH and NIMHD are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Interested applicants are encouraged to email Dr. Jinani Jayasekera at [email protected] for more information.