Population Sciences Faculty - Multiple Positions - Massey Cancer CenterPosting Date: 06/08/2022
Closing Date: 06/07/2023
The VCU Massey Cancer Center is seeking applicants for multiple open rank faculty positions to help advance research under the Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) program aims of identifying multi-level drivers of cancer risk, developing interventions to reduce cancer side effect burden and/or mitigate cancer within the catchment area, and improving cancer outcomes for survivors and their caregivers. A cross-cutting focus of the work across these aims is on advancing cancer health equity.
Areas of interest that align with the strategic growth of the CPC program include cancer research related to population precision health, social determinates of health, dissemination and implementation science, health equity research, community-based research, early detection and screening, telehealth, health services research, symptom management and cancer control, and cancer survivorship research.
The ideal candidates for these positions will bring their expertise to the overall mission of the cancer center which includes a strong focus on reducing the cancer burden by addressing the confluence between biological, social and policy drivers on cancer disparities across the cancer care continuum. Appropriate academic department assignment will be based on the expertise and training of the candidate and they will work collaboratively with researchers within the CPC program as well as with researchers and physician-scientists in the other programs.
• PhD, MD, or equivalent degree with training in medicine, epidemiology, public health, geo-spatial analysis, nursing, psychology, anthropology, behavioral science, behavioral economics, health services, communication, decision sciences, sociology, or other related fields
• Extensive cancer relevant research experience
• Nationally-recognized scholarly/research portfolio with a strong track-record of continuous NCI funding
• Strong record of pre-doctoral and post-doctoral training in their field
• Extensive peer-reviewed publication experience
• Proven trainee and faculty mentorship skills
• Track record working in multi-disciplinary fields
• Experience in, and coordination of, collaborative grants and managing trans-disciplinary research
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Experience working in a matrix environment within academic medicine
• Proven success in collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
Virginia Commonwealth University is a Carnegie I Research University and a designated top 100 Research University by the National Science Foundation. As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence. VCU Health represents the health enterprise at Virginia Commonwealth University and comprises VCU Massey Cancer Center, VCU Health System and the VCU Health Sciences academic programs.
The Massey Cancer Center at Virginia Commonwealth University is a National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center that hosts 1000-plus researchers conducting basic, population, translational and clinical cancer research. Massey Cancer Center is dedicated to saving and improving lives by discovering, developing, delivering and teaching effective means to prevent, detect and treat cancer and to making those advancements equally available to all.
VCU Massey Cancer Center offers a competitive salary, lab start-up, a generous relocation bonus and initial research salary support. Learn more about VCU’s outstanding benefits package including, but not limited to paid vacation, holiday and sick leave, a wide range of health plans, a generous employer-funded retirement plan, employer-paid life insurance & disability coverage and our diverse and inclusive culture by visiting VCU Human Resources.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to submit an application, diversity statement & CV online at [email protected] Recruiting (https://vcu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/1398?c=vcu). Further questions can be directed to Bernard Fuemmeler, Ph.D., Associate Director, Population Science (c/o Andrea Wade, [email protected]).