Research Scientist - Cancer Center - AdministrationPosting Date: 05/22/2023
Closing Date: 06/22/2023
Research Scientist – Cancer Center – Administration
University of Illinois Cancer Center – Chicago, IL
Research Scientist – Cancer Center – Administration (Job ID #1016791)
This position will provide key scientific and systems support to the University of Illinois Cancer Center Administration and Cancer Center faculty members in the development and preparation of large cancer-focused grants in basic, translational, clinical, and prevention research. This will entail working with teams of PhD-level researchers, physician scientists, and UICC staff to conceptualize and draft research proposals, including the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG). This position will also help craft research protocols for prevention and treatment clinical trials. Recruit, supervise and/or train other research staff or students.
See full ad and submit application online by June 9, 2023 at: uic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/3126?c=uic.
* Identify high yield high value funding opportunities to support UICC strategic research priorities.
* Promote funding opportunities to UICC leadership and engage researchers and physician scientists to conceptualize and develop grant applications.
* Provide key scientific and systems support in the development of large cancer-focused research proposals. This includes grant and manuscript writing, editing, and data analytics.
* Assist with writing research publications (as lead or co-author) and scientific abstracts for peer-reviewed journals and professional research meetings.
* Analyze data and information, evaluate and report findings to Senior Research Faculty and other involved research staff.
* Work directly with principal investigators, sponsor investigators, industry sponsors, clinical trial study teams, and research administration to write research protocols.
* Develop and maintain research records, grant information, research notes and resource utilization.
* Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that sponsor and research objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage research staff or students as needed.
* Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidates successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899