Operations Director of Community Outreach and EngagementPosting Date: 08/09/2023
Closing Date: 09/15/2023
The position executes the strategic plan for community outreach to the catchment area. Responsible for direct communications, interactions and negotiations with local government, health systems, and community organizations to coordinate and monitor SKCCC sponsored outreach programs. The Operations Director will monitor impact of SKCCC activities on the cancer burden in the catchment area.
1. Develop a strategic plan for COE, working with the Associate Director for COE and COE Steering Committee, that engages community stakeholders in SKCCC outreach by identifying their cancer-related priorities, sources of health inequities, and health resource needs.
2. Operationalize initiatives identified by CABs and /or COE Steering Committee.
3. Develop and implement a plan to ensure stakeholder engagement and foster bi-directional communication with SKCCC Community Advisory Board(s) to identify cancer-related priorities.
4. Manage COE staff scheduling, planning, and documentation of regular meetings with the SKCCC Community Advisory Board(s)
5. Recruit, supervise, and evaluate the SKCCC community outreach team by providing coaching and building collaboration to enhance team performance and operationalize COE initiatives.
6. Engage the Assistant Directors of COE focused on cancer burden and epidemiology, Community Interventions, and Policy/Implementation and Communication to establish priorities and new initiatives
7. Design and implement systems that assess SKCCC community outreach activities including a) monitoring impact, b) identifying relevant external funding opportunities, and c) tracking capacity and resources.
8. Collaborate with cancer-related community outreach programs at JHM’s health system partners, and network affiliates to extend reach within and beyond the SKCCC catchment area.
9. Develop partnerships with government, not-for-profit organizations, and community hospitals in the SKCCC catchment to enhance and grow cancer-related outreach with underserved, uninsured populations.
10. Perform an annual review of SKCCC community outreach programs to assess status including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
11. Create reports summarizing the impact of SKCCC outreach program efforts with particular attention on addressing disparities.
12. Identify updates to the strategic plan on a regular basis in conjunction with AD of COE and Steering Committee
Master’s degree in public health or other related field required and five years experience working with communities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
1. Bilingual (English, Spanish preferred.
2. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, supervisory, and analytical skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and exercise decision-making and problem-solving skills.
4. Work requires good written and verbal communication skills. Ideally, grant writing or business planning skills.