40th Annual ASPO Conference
March 12-15, 2016 | Blackwell Hotel, Columbus, Ohio
Submit an Abstract! Submission Deadline: Extended until Wednesday, November 25, 2015 @ midnight EST
Reserve a Room at Blackwell Hotel Use room block code: ONCL0316
New Investigator’s Workshop – Submission Deadline: November 23, 2015 (5 pm EST)
Travel Awards for the 2016 Conference:
There are 3 types of travel awards available for the 2016 ASPO conference. If eligible, apply for travel awards during the online abstract submission process. Eligibility criteria is:
- Electra Paskett Annual Scholarship Award: given for the top ranking abstract submitted by either a pre- or post-doctoral fellow. It will cover registration and up to $1,500 of travel related expenses to the ASPO 2016 meeting in Columbus, Ohio. This award is named in honor of ASPO’s past president for her outstanding commitment to mentorship and training and in recognition of her visionary leadership.
- American Cancer Society Calle/Rodriguez Memorial Minority Travel Award for a Top-Ranked Abstract: given to two (2) top-ranked abstracts submitted by either a full-time graduate or medical students, residents, clinical or postdoctoral fellows, or junior faculty members from groups considered to be underrepresented in cancer research (African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, Native-Americans, Native Pacific Islanders/Hawaiians, and Alaska Natives), as defined by the NCI. Each award will cover $1,500 of travel related expenses to the ASPO 2015 meeting in Birmingham, AL. This award is named in honor of Dr. Jeanne Calle and Dr. Carmen Rodriguez who were outstanding scientists, valued colleagues and committed mentors to many at the American Cancer Society.
- ASPO Travel Awards for Pre- and Post-doc Trainees: Given to two (2) top-ranked abstracts submitted by a pre- or post-doc. The awards will cover registration and up to $1500 of travel-related expenses to the ASPO 2016 conference in Columbus, OH. These awards are funded by ASPO.
2016 ASPO Program Committee Members:
- Co-Chairs: Ann Hsing, PhD, Cancer Prevention Institute of California and Mira Katz, PhD, Ohio State University
- Melissa Bondy, PhD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Allison Burton-Chase, PhD, Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Ronald Myers, PhD, Thomas Jefferson University
- Polly Newcomb, PhD, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Jasmin Tiro, PhD, University of Texas – Southwestern
- Amy Trentham-Dietz, PhD, University of Wisconsin
- Sophia Wang, PhD, City of Hope
- Richard Warnecke, PhD, University of Illinois – Chicago