Postdoctoral fellowship in decision modeling and cancer control at Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical SchoolPosting Date: 11/08/2022
Closing Date: 01/06/2024
The Division of General Pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital is seeking a highly motivated and capable decision scientist, epidemiologist or outcomes researcher with an interest in cancer prevention and survivorship. The fellow will work on several NCI-funded projects across the cancer continuum, focusing primarily on childhood cancer and breast cancer. The work will entail using simulation models and conducting comparative and cost-effectiveness analyses to provide insight on important clinical and policy questions surrounding cancer control and disparities in high-risk populations. Leading original analyses and manuscripts, career development, and transition towards an independent research career will be the main areas of emphasis. The fellow will join a stimulating, interdisciplinary research environment with the opportunity to attend seminars, colloquia, and other regularly scheduled research activities at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and partnering institutions.
• PhD, ScD or an equivalent doctoral degree in decision science, epidemiology, health services research, applied mathematics, computer science, or related quantitative field
• Experience working with microsimulation models in general programming languages, such as C++, Java or R
• Experience with model development and parameterization, economic evaluation and outcomes research
• Familiarity and interest in cancer prevention, treatment and survivorship
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams
• January or May 2023 (flexible)
• The fellowship is a one-year, full-time commitment, renewable for a second year upon mutual consent. There will be opportunities for the fellow to write and submit his/her individual grant applications (e.g., career development grant) and develop new projects. The fellow will have a Harvard Medical School postdoctoral appointment.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should contact Dr. Jennifer Yeh with any questions and submit their CV, a detailed cover letter, one writing sample, and two academic references to [email protected].
Jennifer M. Yeh, PhD
Department of Pediatrics
Harvard Medical School & Boston Children’s Hospital