The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, Houston, TXPosting Date: 03/19/2018
Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunity
in Cancer Control Research
We are pleased to announce the availability of a postdoctoral fellowship in cancer control research at the University of Texas Health Science Center beginning April 1st 2018. The successful candidate for this position will participate in funded research on cancer control including a recently funded project: “Using Intervention Mapping to Increase Utilization of Colorectal Cancer Screening Evidence-Based Interventions (EBIs) (Dr. Maria E. Fernandez PI).” The Fellow will work with Dr. Fernandez and the research team and apply Intervention Mapping processes and taxonomies to characterize the CRCS EBI from the Research Tested Intervention Programs (RTIPS) web resource. The fellow will assist in coordination of data collection and analysis, and develop ancillary studies which broaden the scope of funded protocols and further individual research interests.
The Fellowship offers many benefits including a paid 1-year full-time fellowship with professional development including publication in scholarly journals, presentation at scientific conferences, and involvement in grant proposal writing. There is an opportunity to continue the post-doc for 2 additional years as part of an NCI training grant.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience, Skills:
- Must have a doctoral degree in public health, health promotion, health education, community health, psychology, or similar field.
- Must have previous experience in relevant research area including cancer prevention, cancer control, program implementation, or program adaptation.
- Must be proficient in quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
- Have experience in using Intervention Mapping framework (highly preferred).
- Be proficient in navigating and maintaining databases (highly preferred).
Please submit the following materials to Maria E. Fernandez, PhD Maria.E.Fernandez@uth.tmc.edu with a cover letter outlining the relevance of research experience and interests
- Current CV
- 2 writing samples (preferably at least one first-authored publication)
- 2 letters of reference