Senior Project Manager, Precision Interception & Prevention Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NYPosting Date: 01/11/2019
Senior Project Manager
Job Posting Number: 27542
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Precision Interception & Prevention (PIP) Program is a newly established collaborative research program at MSK. The vision for PIP is to bridge the principles of precision medicine with screening and prevention to either prevent cancer from ever occurring or to intercept the cancer at the earliest stages to maximize the chances of cure.
To accomplish this vision, PIP has launched initiatives around clonal hematopoiesis, germline cancer genetics, minimal residual disease, tobacco-related diseases, and digital outreach. With each of these initiative PIP aims to develop tools, infrastructure and processes that will detect people with higher risk of developing cancer or secondary cancers, and to monitor cancer risk at the population level.
The Senior Project Manager for PIP will collaborate with leadership to manage the development and completion of these initiatives.
- Be a strategic partner to program Director and PIs leading PIP initiatives.
- Manage tasks to achieve established goals, and escalates issues/concerns, while reporting on project progress at agreed milestones.
- Develop and implement methods and tools by which to organize, standardize, and manage project activities.
- Manage project work flows, Gantt charts, and timelines, ensuring deadlines and milestones are met. Responsible for following up on action items.
- Lead project team, monitor and facilitate work towards project delivery, leads meetings, sets agenda and ensures meeting goals are accomplished.
- Act as liaison with internal and external collaborators.
- Obtain, organize, analyze and communicate data necessary for fulfilling project needs. Makes recommendations regarding project or program based on analysis of information.
- Recommend metrics to measure success for projects and/or programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of consulting and/or large scale project experience.
- Experience in a hospital/healthcare setting
- Exceptional communicator in both written and oral form; excellent business writing skills and able to develop and deliver effective presentations for various audiences
- An inquisitive mind to learn about and apply the latest research in cancer prevention and early detection
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MHA, MPA, MPH) with 3-5 years of consulting and/or large scale project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in a research setting #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Interested applicants please apply online at: http://careers.mskcc.org/job/8948474/senior-project-manager-new-york-ny/
Application Link: http://careers.mskcc.org/job/8948474/senior-project-manager-new-york-ny/