Scientific Director, Nurses' Health Studies, Brigham and Women's Hospital - Harvard Medical School, Boston, MAPosting Date: 06/03/2019
Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School
JOB POSTING: SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR, NURSES’ HEALTH STUDIES
The Nurses’ Health Studies are a family of three large, long-term prospective cohorts, which have contributed to public health knowledge and practice for several decades. The goal of the Nurses’ Health Studies is to identify behavioral and biological predictors of disease risk, for a wide range of chronic diseases. We are seeking a Scientific Director to serve in an exciting new position to oversee infrastructure operations, with the guidance of Faculty Leadership and the Cohorts Advisory Board. Oversight will broadly include integrating the research visions of the Nurses’ Health Studies with the central activities surrounding cohort data acquisition and management, including biospecimens. The Scientific Director will be supported by Senior Managers for the Data Collection, Biorepository, and Data Management infrastructure teams. S/he will provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Senior Managers to operationalize research infrastructure needs, track milestones, and ensure effective and efficient interactions between research investigators, Senior Managers and staff. This is a novel opportunity to influence the practice of epidemiologic research into the future.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Epidemiology or related public health science and a minimum of 2-6 years work/research experience.
- Must have a strong background in research study operations, such as any of the following: laboratory experience, data management, epidemiology in a population-based or clinical research context.
- Prior supervisory experience and/or demonstrated leadership ability.
- Aptitude for critical thinking regarding study design, data and biospecimen collection, and database management.
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
- Scientific imagination commensurate with the independent execution of research projects.
- Ability to effectively supervise others; excellent interpersonal skills with people from multiple levels and disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure smooth functioning of multi-component infrastructure. Must be able to coordinate multiple activities at once and respond to changing priorities.
- High level of computer and database literacy.
Click here for more information and to submit an application.
Application Link: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=3094778&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York&lang=en#.XOK-hGtT_d8.email