Research Post Doctoral Fellow, Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research, Denver, COPosting Date: 06/25/2018
Research Post Doctoral Fellow
Location: Aurora, CO
Job Number: 684552
Date posted: 04/05/2018
The Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research (IHR) is an integrated department that conducts, publishes and disseminates health services, clinical trials and evaluation research. The IHR is a productive, collaborative and supportive learning and mentoring environment. The Research Post Doctoral Fellow is a two to three year appointment involving research that is directed by an IHR investigator in the investigators area of expertise and interest. The Fellow will assist in research development, publish, serve multiple on-going efforts with an Investigator, and be actively mentored with the goal of moving towards an independent research career.
- Assists or leads research project team. Assists or leads in writing manuscripts, proposals, andpresentations. May play a leadership role on investigator’s projects.
- Collaborates with investigators in development and submission of large federal or foundation grants.
- Coaches and mentors research staff.
- Adheres to federal and local regulations and KPCO Standard Operating Procedures governing research. Maintains compliance when manipulating large volumes of patient data, both internal to KPCO and from external agencies. Follows the IRB approved protocols on federally funded grants as well as on internally funded projects. Adheres to the research protocols for maintaining HIPAA compliance when accessing, manipulating, storing, and transferring data. Partners with Investigators to adhere to the research requirements outlined in the study protocol and data use agreements report all violation/deviations immediately to the Investigator and IRB.
- In year 2 of 3, begin to develop independent research portfolio with mentoring and guidance from Investigators, and develop and submit career development grants.
Completion of an MD or PhD in public health, epidemiology, or related field within past two (2) years.
- Knowledge of research regulations and policies. Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems & make recommendations for solutions based on independent analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and negotiate timelines.
- Requires minimal guidance to work and communicate with individuals having varying levels of knowledge and expertise, in all areas of job function.
- Demonstrated success in the areas of strategic/systems thinking, effective team building, change leadership, and results orientation.
- Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills.
Scholarly achievement as demonstrated through publications.
Post-doctoral candidate will need expertise in one of the following areas:
- Cancer epidemiology, prevention and genomics
- Addiction and opioids
- Behavioral Health
Application Link: www.jobs.kp.org