Research Post Doctoral Fellow – Cancer EpidemiologyPosting Date: 09/21/2020
Closing Date: 11/21/2020
Research Post Doctoral Fellow – Cancer Epidemiology
Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research (IHR) is currently seeking a Research Post Doctoral Fellow for its Cancer Epidemiology research studies.
The Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research (IHR) is an integrated department that conducts, publishes and disseminates health services, clinical trials and evaluation research. The IHR is a productive, collaborative and supportive learning and mentoring environment. The Research Post Doctoral Fellow is a two (2) to three (3) year appointment involving research that is directed by an IHR investigator in the investigators area of expertise and interest. The Fellow will assist in research development, publish, serve multiple on-going efforts with an Investigator, and be actively mentored with the goal of moving towards an independent research career.
Responsibilities to Include:
• Assists or leads research project team; writing manuscripts, proposals, and presentations. May play a leadership role on investigator’s projects.
• Collaborates with investigators in development and submission of large federal or foundation grants.
• Coaches and mentors research staff.
• In year 2 of 3, begin to develop independent research portfolio with mentoring and guidance from Investigators, and develop and submit career development grants.
• Completion of an MD or PHD in public health, epidemiology, or related field within the last two (2) years OR within the next three (3) months.
• Knowledge of research regulations and policies. Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems & make recommendations for solutions based on independent analysis.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and negotiate timelines.
• Demonstrated success in the areas of strategic/systems thinking, effective team building, change leadership, and results orientation.
• Demonstrated mentoring and leadership skills.
The Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research (IHR) is an integrated department that conducts, publishes, and disseminates epidemiologic, behavioral, health services, implementation and clinical research. The IHR also hosts a clinical trials program, and a robust community evaluation team. Research findings are translated into practice to improve the health of Kaiser Permanente members and the broader Colorado community, and to inform health care delivery and public policy nationally. The IHR has full-time and affiliate MD, PhD, and PharmD Investigators, supported by research staff including project managers, research specialists, research assistants, statisticians, analysts, programmers, as well as tumor registers, finance and administrative staff.
The organization has a specific focus on conducting research that can be translated into clinical practice, health promotion, and policies to influence the health of individuals and populations.
Established in 1992, the IHR is responsible for many landmark findings. Among the most notable are recent studies about overdose prevention, vaccine safety, food insecurity, genomics, and cancer screenings.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including employer-paid medical, dental and coverage for eligible dependents. Competitive wages, generous paid time-off and a comprehensive retirement plan are just part of the exceptional benefits offered to Kaiser Permanente employees. For immediate consideration, interested candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume/CV by visiting www.kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing position number 902048.
For more information please contact [email protected]