Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Human NutritionPosting Date: 04/05/2021
Closing Date: 06/10/2021
The Human Nutrition Program in the Department of Human Sciences at the Ohio State University is hiring a two-year post-doctoral fellow as part of The College of Education and Human Ecology Dean’s Diversity Postdoctoral Fellows Program. A unique part of this program is the possible opportunity transition to a faculty position in Human Nutrition at OSU.
Candidates with expertise in basic or applied nutrition or dietetic sciences are encouraged to apply. Examples of expertise include clinical or behavioral nutrition, community nutrition, nutrition epidemiology, basic nutrition or biomolecular nutrition including the study of the microbiome, metabolomics, nutrigenomics, bioinformatics, precision nutrition, and related fields that complement the existing scholarly strengths of the program are encouraged to apply.
• Candidates will be expected to develop an independent research program under the mentorship of mutually selected faculties in the Human Nutrition program.
• Candidates must provide a statement on their goals in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in their research, and future teaching and service agendas as a part of application documents.
• Specific and appropriate opportunities for teaching and service will be discussed with candidates.
*It is important that the candidate offers robust evidence of sustained impact during post-doctoral training on developing diversity themes in their research, teaching, and service. Examples include, but are not limited to, inclusion of underrepresented populations, expansion of curriculum options, and development of study abroad programs.
Post-doctoral program could be extended up to three years to meet these goals.
• Have a Ph.D. in Human Nutrition or a related discipline
• Have experience with or demonstrated interest in enhancing and promoting diversity
• Have relevant research experience
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Candidates with prior postdoctoral experience are welcome. As described on the EHE Dean’s Diversity Postdoctoral Fellows website, postdocs will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, professional development support, structured mentoring, and career development programs.
To apply, please submit 1) cover letter, 2) statement on goals to develop diversity themes in their research, teaching, and service, 3) CV, and 4) contact information for 3 references. You must apply at the following link https://osu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/OSUCareers/job/Columbus-Campus/Postdoctoral-Research-Fellow_R10094-2 with all documents to be considered.
If you have question or any issue with uploading documents, please reach out to Avani Borade ([email protected])
For questions about the Postdoctoral Research position, contact the Search Committee Chair Dr. Ouliana Ziouzenkova ([email protected] )