Postdoctoral Fellowship, Janice Davis Gordon Memorial, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences Cancer Prevention Research Training Program (CPRTP), Houston, TXPosting Date: 11/22/2017
The Janice Davis Gordon Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship in Colorectal Cancer Prevention
The Janice Davis Gordon Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship in Colorectal Cancer Prevention is awarded to a cancer prevention research fellow specializing in the prevention of colorectal cancer. As part of the Cancer Prevention Research Training Program, the Gordon fellowship prepares scientists and clinicians to achieve leadership roles as research investigators in colorectal cancer prevention. The program is designed to expand the perspective of the trainees by moving them from their base of strength in a particular specialty and to equip them with additional knowledge of the other cancer prevention and control disciplines. Trainees are immersed in the cross-disciplinary research environment typical of cancer prevention and control research and benefit from career and professional development activities.
APPLICATIONS DUE: MONDAY, FEB. 19, 2018 – 11:59PM CST!
- Open to postdoctoral candidates who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and foreign nationals holding visas.
- Up to two years of paid training.
- Must have earned a doctoral degree by the application deadline.
- Gordon applicants: Proposed research project must be related to colorectal cancer prevention. The Halliburton fellowship is unrestricted.
- Please note that for these donor-funded fellowships, mentor is required to contribute partial salary support and research costs. See fellowship page for details.
Application deadline – Monday, February 19, 2018
Notification to Awardees – Friday, March 9 2018
Research & Career Proposals due (for awardees) – Monday, April 9, 2018
Anticipated Fellowship State Date – Mid-May
Application Link: https://www.mdanderson.org/education-training/clinical-research-training/postdoctoral-training/postdoctoral-fellowships/janice-davis-gordon-memorial.html