Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Rehabilitation and Health Sciences, UNTPosting Date: 08/20/2020
Department of Rehabilitation and Health Sciences, UNT (Denton, TX) is seeking full-time candidates for a postdoctoral fellow position in epidemiology. In this role, the candidate will support research projects and undertake tasks relevant to cancer and dietary and environmental exposures, and maternal and child health. Interest in “omics” is vital. Key responsibilities will be data analysis, manuscript writing, and assistance in grant preparation.
Overall, assist with project design, execution, and achievement of project goals.
Candidates will take on the following responsibilities:
• Summarize and analyze a population-based study on childhood cancers and metabolomics. Conduct a MWAS and explore relationships between metabolomic signatures and environmental exposures (air pollution, pesticides, industrial pollution, etc) in relation to cancer risk.
• Additional work will explore clinical epidemiology and risk for cancers
• Interpret results and write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
• Perform literature reviews and undertake secondary research initiatives including the retrieval and analysis of data, epidemiologic trends, etc.
• Prepare findings for presentation at seminars and conferences
Education and experience:
• PhD in epidemiology or related field
• Interest in and/or understanding of public health, epidemiologic principles, cancer biology, molecular epidemiology, research methods, environmental health, air pollution modeling, metabolomics, clinical epidemiology
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong multitasking and organizational abilities
• Sense of urgency necessary to meet objectives and deadlines
• Demonstrated accountability and initiative
• Proficiency in R, SAS, or similar statistical program
Salary: $55,000 per year plus benefits.
Position starts Fall 2020. This is a two-year position. Position in located in Denton, TX, however given the COVID pandemic, full-time remote work is very possible.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to [email protected].