Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer Health Disparities (Hybrid or Remote)Posting Date: 11/04/2022
Closing Date: 12/31/2022
The Men’s Health Inequities Research Lab of Dr. Charles R. Rogers (crrogersphd.com) is seeking applications for (2) hybrid postdoc positions at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Are you interested in securing a hybrid 2-year postdoc position focused on cancer health disparities, team science, and community engagement? Then consider applying to join our multidisciplinary team today! We are looking for collaborative and engaged colleagues who are interested in advancing their career through interdisciplinary team science, as well as working collaboratively with experts across a spectrum of cancer-related fields. We also seek candidates for these 2-year positions who share our commitment to health disparities elimination. Since these positions are housed in a highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, and innovative Lab, we seek applicants who will thrive in this environment. The positions are designed to prepare scholars for independent academic research careers, and funds are provided to support didactics, conference travel, and research expenses as favored by the trainees. Hybrid work for this role entails the expectation of 40% effort performed in the office and 60% remote. A 100% remote option is available for applicants who reside in Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Texas, Arizona, and Florida.
Preferred background includes doctoral level-training and experience working with an Investigator in the areas including, but not limited to: cancer prevention, rural health, cancer epidemiology, health disparities, cancer survivorship and health outcomes, risk communication, exercise and cancer, and implementation science. The ideal candidate will be proficient in SAS, R, or STATA. Must be authorized to work in the United States or already present in the United States.
• Plan, design, and execute complex research studies, procedures, and protocols.
• Participate in discovery projects.
• Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
• Oversee organization, synthesis and analysis of data and findings.
• Prepare scientific reports, outcome findings and scientific manuscripts.
• Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff in which you will evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, as well as design and evaluate Lab-related procedures.
• Maintain supplies, which may require negotiation with vendors, and track purchase orders.
• May oversee the work of Lab personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction, delegation, and establishing priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: health behavior, mathematics, statistics, documentation, records management, data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, community-engaged research, resource management, and writing skills.
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials to https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources under Requisition 30303:
• Cover Letter describing research interest and career goals (1 page)
• Contact information for three individuals serving as references
Special consideration will be given to completed applications submitted before December 1st, 2022.
Learn more about the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), the Institute for Health & Equity, and the MCW Cancer Center where Dr. Rogers is the inaugural Associate Director of Community Outreach & Engagement at: http://www.mcw.edu
Institute for Health & Equity
Division of Epidemiology & Social Sciences