Postdoctoral FellowPosting Date: 04/09/2022
Closing Date: 05/31/2022
Are you interested in securing a 2-year postdoc position focused on cancer health disparities, team science, and community engagement? Then consider applying to join our multidisciplinary team today! We are looking for collaborative and engaged colleagues who are interested in advancing their career through interdisciplinary team science, as well as working collaboratively with experts across a spectrum of cancer-related fields. We also seek candidates for this 2-year position who share our commitment to health disparities elimination.
Preferred background includes training and experience working with an Investigator in the areas including, but not limited to: cancer prevention, rural health, cancer epidemiology, health disparities, cancer survivorship and health outcomes, risk
communication, exercise and cancer, and implementation science. The ideal candidate will be proficient in SAS, R or STATA.
• Plan, design, and execute complex research studies, procedures, and protocols.
• Participate in discovery projects.
• Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
• Oversee organization, synthesis and analysis of data and findings.
• Prepare scientific reports, outcome findings and scientific manuscripts.
• Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff in which you will evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, as well as design and evaluate Men’s Health Inequities Research Lab-related procedures.
• Maintain supplies, which may require negotiation with vendors, and track purchase orders.
• May oversee the work of Lab personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction, delegation, and establishing priorities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: health behavior, mathematics, statistics, documentation, records management, data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, community-engaged research, resource management, and writing skills. Of note, the Lab this position is housed in is highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, and innovative, and we seek applicants who will thrive in this environment.
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials to https://www.mcw.edu/departments/human-resources under Requisition 30303:
• Letter describing areas of research interest
• Curriculum vitae with bibliography
• Copies of 1-2 recent publications
• Contact information for three individuals serving as references
Check out our website at: http://www.mcw.edu
For questions that are not answered by the above information or MCW website, please contact [email protected] and reference Requisition 30303 in the Subject Line.