Post-Doctoral Fellow,Population Science, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PAPosting Date: 04/13/2018
Thomas Jefferson University, a Cancer Center designated by the National Cancer Institute, is seeking applications for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Population Science. We are particularly interested in candidates with an interest in cancer survivorship, health disparities research, health services research, or geriatric oncology.
- Diverse faculty and transdisciplinary environment
- Trainees linked with mentoring team
- Support for further training and professional development
- Collect and assemble data and prepare report for oral or written presentation for the PI
- Independently develops scientific hypotheses
- Independently carries out/delegate procedures for experiments
- Analyzes results
- Performs routine and more difficult procedures, analyzes data and coherently presents results in the form of; presentations, abstracts, manuscripts, and the basis for grant writing – preparation and submission
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson
The Transdisciplinary Integrated Population Science (TIPS) program conducts world-leading research, education and outreach to prevent cancer and other diseases, promote population health, and improve quality and access to cancer care. TIPS is led by Grace Lu-Yao, PhD, an internationally recognized leader in cancer outcomes research. Our vibrant group of multi-disciplinary faculty conducts research on a wide range of health issues, and there are opportunities to collaborate with clinical, basic science, statistical, and other faculty across the academic campus of Thomas Jefferson University.
Eligibility: PhD in Epidemiology, Health Service Research, Population Science, Outcomes Research or related field. Previous experience in an academic setting preferred.
To apply, please contact Kayla Kontogeorgos at email@example.com or 215-503-1195
At Jefferson, our mission is Health is all we do. We recognize that our employees are our single, greatest asset in achieving this mission. Our mission is to differentiate ourselves among our competitors as the patient-friendly and experienced healthcare institution.