Post-doc Fellow PositionPosting Date: 07/28/2020
The MetroHealth System is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join a multidisciplinary group of investigators, led by Ben Li, MD (MetroHealth Cancer Center Director) and Adam Perzynski, PhD (mixed methods expert and health sociologist within the Population Health Research Institute), to develop methods and tools for improving cancer prevention and outcomes. We are interested in improving our understanding of social determinants that affect cancer outcomes in patients, optimizing the implementation of care through overcoming barriers, and determining value by identifying efficiency and efficacy of cancer care delivery. The post-doc fellow will be working within the Population Health Research Institute and The MetroHealth Cancer Center.
PHRI conducts collaborative research, innovation, and education to advance population health. PHRI consists of three Centers: The Center for Informatics Research (CCIRE), the Center for Reducing Health Disparities (CRHD), and The Center for Health Care Research and Policy (CHRP). We work closely with our Population Health Innovations Institute within The MetroHealth system where innovative approaches to improving population health can be deployed and evaluated. The MetroHealth Cancer Center provides state of the art cancer care to patients and conducts over 20 studies to improve their care. With this position, we seek to enhance the population health focus of the cancer center and build capacity for future research in this area by linking experts within both centers.
The scope of the planned work includes contributions to new and ongoing research proposal development, pilot projects, authorship of corresponding research manuscripts, and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Recent PhD in public health or social sciences (sociology, health psychology, epidemiology, econometrics, statistics, biostatistics, or a related field) OR an MD with substantial quantitative modeling experience as characterized below;
- Demonstrated background in research methods (qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods preferred)
- Effective team scientist, including interest in multidisciplinary approaches to practical problems in healthcare, verbal and written communication skills, time management/prioritization of tasks, and capacity for positively and independently contributing to team discussions
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience working in health care settings
- Experience with large databases
- Experience with qualitative methods and interview studies.
- Background in data analysis
- Decision analysis (e.g., decision trees, microsimulation models, and/or Markov decision processes); and/or
- Cohort analyses of observational data derived from electronic medical records
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter to Dr. Benjamin Liat [email protected].