Clinical Research Scientist - mHealthPosting Date: 04/21/2022
Closing Date: 07/31/2022
The Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control housed at St Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, is seeking applicants for a full-time mobile Health (mHealth) Research Scientist position for a National Cancer Institute-funded project. The candidate will work with senior faculty members, a project coordinator, Clinical Research Associates, and other researchers to improve health outcomes for aging childhood cancer survivors. The scientist will collaborate with an experienced health informatics/IT team to develop, deploy, and maintain mHealth platforms for collecting patient-reported outcomes and digital health markers for research. Under the supervision of lead faculty members, the candidate will be engaged in a variety of research activities related to conducting literature review, data collection and analysis, creating training materials for patient engagement, writing research papers, engaging in mHealth-enabled health interventions, and grant preparations.
– A MD or a PhD in an appropriate scientific field is required.
– Three (3) years of relevant and productive research experience in clinical/population-based outcomes and health behavior research required.
– Experience must include study design methodology, protocol development, study conduct and analysis.
– Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members.
– Ability to work independently in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English language, both verbally and in writing.
– Multiple publications as the first author in patient-reported outcomes research and/or mobile or digital health technology research preferred.
– Experience in data analysis and modeling (e.g., statistical, machine learning methods) preferred.
I-Chan Huang, PhD
Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Pl, Memphis, TN 38105
E-mail: [email protected]