Assistant Director, Research Affairs, Yale Cancer CenterPosting Date: 07/02/2021
Closing Date: 08/31/2021
Responsibilities: Reporting directly to the Associate Cancer Center Director, Research Affairs, the responsibilities of the Assistant Director, Research Affairs will include:
• Organization and management of cancer-focused working groups, with the goal of increasing multi-investigator grant applications and awards, especially P and U awards. He/she will advance these efforts by working together with other members of the Research Affairs Office and Translational Research Office as well as with YCC Research Program and Disease-Aligned Research Team Leaders and their members.
• Partnering with diverse faculty and collaborative teams in a project manager role to move projects forward from ideas to timely grant application submissions, as well as providing guidance and editing along the way in grantsmanship and approach.
• Working together with other members of the Office of Research Affairs to organize and conduct meetings, retreats and working groups to foster interactions and drive collaborations among YCC members.
• Supporting other YCC scientific and infrastructure development initiatives, as necessary.
• Supporting the preparation of the Cancer Center Support Grant renewal application as well as annual progress reports, as necessary, in collaboration with other members of the Research Affairs Office and YCC Program and Center Leadership.
• Experience in grant writing. Success in obtaining grants and managing research teams.
• Experience managing complex projects and teams.
• Experience in grant review a plus.
• Education: PhD required
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Highly organized
Robert Garofalo, PhD
Associate Cancer Center Director, Research Affairs
Yale Cancer Center