Postdoctoral Fellowship in Halliburton Employees Foundation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences Cancer Prevention Research Training Program (CPRTP), Houston, TXPosting Date: 11/22/2017
The Halliburton Employees Contribution Fund Postdoctoral Fellowship in Cancer Prevention
The Cancer Prevention Research Training Program at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center prepares scientists and clinicians to achieve leadership roles as research investigators in the field of cancer prevention and control. Trainees are immersed in the type of cross-disciplinary research environment typical of cancer prevention and control research, with the objective of launching the trainee in the scientific research role of principal investigator relatively early in his or her career.
The Program is designed to expand the perspective of the trainees by moving them from their base of strength in a particular specialty and to equip them with additional knowledge of the other cancer prevention and control disciplines. This cross-disciplinary training is accomplished by attending seminars and by participating in ongoing peer-reviewed, mentored research. Fellows are expected to present their research at scientific meetings and publish in peer-reviewed journals. Fellows will also participate in professional development seminars, such as time management and grant writing.
APPLICATIONS DUE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2018 – 11:59PM CST!
- Open to postdoctoral candidates who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and foreign nationals holding visas.
- Up to two years of paid training.
- Must have earned a doctoral degree by the application deadline.
- Gordon applicants: Proposed research project must be related to colorectal cancer prevention. The Halliburton fellowship is unrestricted.
- Please note that for these donor-funded fellowships, mentor is required to contribute partial salary support and research costs. See fellowship page for details.
Application deadline – Monday, February 19, 2018
Notification to Awardees – Friday, March 9 2018
Research & Career Proposals due (for awardees) – Monday, April 9, 2018
Anticipated Fellowship State Date – Mid-May
Application Link: https://www.mdanderson.org/education-training/clinical-research-training/postdoctoral-training/postdoctoral-fellowships/halliburton-foundation.html